Friday, June 26, 2009

In Memoriam--Dr. Lilian Lim

Last night Fausto Vasconcelos, Director of the Study and Research Division of the Baptist World Alliance, reported the death of Dr. Lilian Lim of Singapore, President of the Asia Baptist Graduate Theological Seminary. Professionally, I am grateful for her important contributions as a member of the Baptist delegation to our conversations with the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity. Personally, I will always cherish her keen interest in my son, who was born in South Korea and joined our household only a couple of weeks before our first meeting for conversations with the PCPCU. My wife and I owe much of what we know about traditions associated with the celebration of birthdays in Asian cultures to information Lilian passed along. She will be missed.

Update: Here is the press release from the BWA Information Service.
Update #2: Here is the story from Associated Baptist Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment